Monday, February 23, 2009

Oscar Thoughts?


I managed to catch some of the Oscars last night and was glad that Slumdog did so well. I was a little surprised about the lack of love for VA film festival alum The Wrestler, but I was happiest to see Man on Wire win for best documentary feature. This was probably my favorite film that got nominated, although I did not see any of the shorts, which is a shame.

If you haven't seen Man on Wire yet, it is the amazing true story of Phillipe Petit's tightrope walk across the World Trade center towers. If you watched him on the Oscars, you could see what a fantastic character he is. The film actually played locally last Friday at Piedmont Valley Community college, and I am sorry for not posting that. Trailer after the jump. Any thoughts on the awards?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home